LIC has shared important information issued for all policyholders. LIC has made it mandatory to link PAN with policy.
If you are also a policyholder of LIC, then this news is of great use to you. LIC has shared the necessary information by tweeting to all the policy holders. Actually, it is necessary to link the PAN card with the policy. LIC has given this information on its official website.
Let us tell you, the government has extended the last date for linking PAN and Aadhaar till 31 March 2022. Markets regulator SEBI has also set a similar rule and asked investors to link their PAN with Aadhaar. Similarly, LIC has also been asked to link PAN.
— LIC India Forever (@LICIndiaForever) September 23, 2021
If you have not yet linked the policy with PAN, then you can do it online sitting at home. Let’s know its steps…
- Provide PAN details along with the list of policies on LIC’s site.
- Now enter your mobile number. An OTP will come from LIC on that mobile number, enter it.
- After submitting the form, you will receive a message of successful registration request.
- Now you will know that your PAN has been linked with the policy.
Check policy status sitting at home
To know the online status of LIC policy, you have to first visit the official website https://www.licindia.in/. You have to register here to know the status.
You do not have to pay any kind of charge for registration. For this, you have to enter your date of birth, name, policy number. Once registered, you can check your status anytime.
If you need any information you can also call on 022 6827 6827. Apart from this, you can also message the number 9222492224 by writing LICHELP <policy number>. Your money will not be deducted for sending messages in this. .
How to get information via SMS
- You can also get the policy status information by sending SMS from mobile.
- For this you have to SMS to 56677.
- If you want to know the premium of the policy, then you can SMS ASKLIC PREMIUM to the number 56677.
- If the policy has lapsed, then SMS will have to be done by writing ASKLIC REVIVAL.