Big relief to pensioners. In fact, Pension Adalat has been set up for quick redressal of pensioners’ complaints. Under which the pension complaints in the Pension Adalat will now be resolved sitting at home.
The number of pensioners coming under the Employees Pension Scheme-1995 i.e. EPS-95 in the country is about 75 lakhs. Along with this, more than 6 crore shareholders are also included. This scheme is run by the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). Under this, pensioners get fixed minimum pension.
Along with this, many other facilities are also available. But many times pensioners also face problems related to pension. For this, pensioners have to go through a lot of rounds.
What is Pension Adalat?
Pension Adalat has been set up for quick redressal of pensioners’ grievances. Through this, complaints related to pension acceptance and disbursement of senior citizens are resolved. Along with this, quick and correct settlement is done by contacting the concerned authorities.
How to file online complaint-
- Pensioners will be sent a link on register mobile number or e-mail before Pension Adalat
Pensioner will click on the link, in which complaints will be heard through video conferencing
- Pensioners will have to provide their 12 digit PPO number, account number, Address and mobile number, e-mail ID have to be filled in the prescribed form and sent first
- If the complaint has been sent by post, then it is necessary to write Pension Adalat on the top of the envelope.
Who is eligible for EPS-95?
If you want to take advantage of this scheme, then it is necessary to be an EPFO subscriber. Every month a fixed amount is deposited in the EPF account from the salary of any EPFO subscriber ie member. Out of this, 8.33 percent amount goes to the pension head.
Also, to get pension under the EPS 95 pension scheme, the employee will have to complete at least 10 years of service. The retirement age under this scheme is 58 years. EPF member can also withdraw his EPS at a lower rate from the age of 50 years.
Special things related to EPS-95-
- Member pension on retirement at the age of 58
- Premature member pension before the age of 50 years in case of unemployment
Disability pension in case of permanent and total disablement of the member during service
- Widow/widower pension on death of member (including first proviso to para 12(8)) or pensioner
- Child pension for 2 children at a time up to the age of 25 years on death of the member/pensioner
- Orphan pension to 2 orphans at a time up to the age of 25 years on death of a member or pensioner or death of spouse
- Disabled Child / Orphan Pension for whole life of disabled child / orphan child
- Nominee pension on death of the member and in case of no family as defined under the Employees’ Pension Scheme 1995 is paid by the member to a person duly nominated for life
- Pension to dependent father or mother on death of a member, provided the member has no family or nominee