Covid-19 Vaccine Certificate Correction: Vaccination is the most effective way against corona virus.
A certificate is issued to those who have been administered a single dose of it. However, sometimes some mistakes are made in the Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate. Now with the new initiative of the Central Government, the mistakes made in this certificate can be corrected on the Cowin Portal itself.
According to the information given on the Twitter handle of Aarogya Setu, if there is any mistake in the printed name, year of birth and gender in the vaccination certificate, then it can be rectified. However, it is also important to note here that this mistake can be rectified only once.
Apart from this, there will be an opportunity to change the name, year of birth and gender in the certificate, but keep in mind that only two will be able to make corrections in it. This means that you will get one chance to change these three personal information, but any person will be able to modify only two of these information. The updated information will be reflected in the final certificate.
Certificate mistakes can be corrected in this way
Visit the COWIN Portal www.cowin.gov.in.
- Sign in using your 10 digit mobile number.
- Go to Account Details.
- If you have got a single dose of the vaccine, there will be a Raise an Issue button. Click on it.
- Click on Correction In Certificate.
- Click on the details below that you want to rectify the mistake. Keep in mind that only two information can be corrected in name, birth, year and gender and change is allowed only once. In such a situation, while making changes, fill all the information correctly.
- Click on Continue.
- After this follow the given steps and your details will be updated which will be reflected in the final certificate.