UPI Payment: Sometimes in a hurry, you may have sent money to the wrong account, so what can you do now? Don’t panic. You have the option of getting a refund. You can complain about it.
UPI Payment: How easy things have become with online banking. Especially, with UPI payment, the era of transaction has come in seconds. Scanned a simple QR code, or clicked on a link and made the payment. But even in the midst of so many facilities, problems arise when one or two mistakes are made somewhere. For example, there is some deficiency in the details, the account number is wrong, in such a situation problems arise in front of you. Sometimes in a hurry, you may have sent money to the wrong account, so what can you do now? Don’t panic. You have the option of getting a refund. You can complain about it.
What to do if money is sent to the wrong account?
- First of all, if you have transacted through an app like Paytm, GPay, PhonePe, then you can ask for assistance by going to the customer service in the app. You can call the helpline number of your bank.
- Save the message that you have received on your phone about money being deducted.
- The details which are there in this message are required for refund.
- RBI says in its guidelines that in case of sending money to the wrong account, you can complain by visiting bankingombudsman.rbi.org.in.
- You will also have to put an application for this in the bank, in which along with your bank details, you will also have to enter the number of the account in which the money has gone.
- Legal complaint can also be lodged
- If suppose you know who is the wrong beneficiary and he is refusing to return the money, then you can also complain against him by visiting the NPCI website.
How to complain on NPCI website
First of all go to the website of NPCI . Here, scroll down to Dispute Redressal Mechanism, below you will see the Transaction tab. Expand it.
Here you have to enter details like Transaction Nature, Issue, Transaction ID, Bank, Amount, Date of Transaction, Email ID and Mobile Number.
Put your bank account statement and click on submit.