Kisan Credit Card: To further empower the farmers, the central government had started the Kisan Credit Card scheme. Under this scheme, farmers are given loans up to Rs 3-4 lakh at very low interest. The farmer can invest this loan amount in his farming or can buy things like seeds, food. If you have an account with State Bank of India, then you can get Kisan Credit Card made by sitting at home. Let us know what is its process.
- How to apply with SBI account: If you have an account with State Bank of India, then you can apply using YONO App. For this you can apply for Kisan Credit Card by visiting YONO agriculture platform. For this, you have to first download the SBI YONO app in the phone. Apart from this, you can login by visiting the online website of SBI YONO.
- Do this work on the website: First of all open the official website of SBI YONO. After opening this website, you will see the option of agriculture. After going to this option, you have to select the option with account. After this you have to go to the Kisan Credit Card Review Section. After this, you have to click on the option of application and fill all the information asked on the page. Your application will be completed as soon as the information is given.
- What is Kisan Credit Card? Kisan Credit Cards are issued by banks. The purpose of the government is to provide loans to farmers for the purchase of agricultural items such as fertilizers, seeds, pesticides, etc. The second objective is that farmers do not need to take loans from moneylenders, who collect arbitrary interest.
The loan taken under Kisan Credit Card is cheaper by 2-4 percent, provided the loan is repaid on time.
- What do banks see? Before giving loan, banks verify the applicant farmer. In this it is seen whether he is a farmer or not. Then his revenue record is checked. Aadhar, PAN and photo are taken for identification. After this an affidavit is taken that there is no dues on any other bank.
- Rebate in fees and charges: The government has also waived the fees and charges for making Kisan Credit Card. Actually, the cost of getting KCC made is 2 to 5 thousand rupees. On the instructions of the government, the Indian Banks Association issued an advisory asking banks to give exemption in fees and charges.