IRCTC has changed the schedule of Tejas Express, the country’s first private train. This is the only train in the country, which guarantees to reach you on time.
IRCTC has changed the schedule of the country’s first private train Tejas Express. This is the only train in the country, which guarantees to reach you on time. Not only this, if this train is late in reaching the destination due to any reason, then compensation is also given to the passengers.
Train will run five days a week
Tejas Express (82902/82901) running between Mumbai and Ahmedabad on behalf of IRCTC will run five days a week. At present, this train used to run four days a week on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. The new schedule has been implemented from February 11.
This change will be applicable from February 18
Similarly, the frequency of Lucknow Tejas Express (82501/82502) running between New Delhi to Lucknow has also been increased. Till now this train used to run three days a week. But from February 18, it will be run 4 days a week i.e. on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
The rounds had reduced in the fog
In January, in view of the severe winter and fog in North India, IRCTC reduced the frequency of both the trains by one day each. This change was implemented from 15 January.
Compensation is given for train delay
Tejas Express is the only train in the country that guarantees timely delivery of the destination. If the train is late in reaching the destination, then you are compensated by IRCTC.
Features of Tejas Express
- Tejas is the country’s first private and corporate train. It is operated by IRCTC.
- In this train, delicious dishes are served to the passenger, breakfast, food and drinking water are free during the journey.
- Train hostess gives you service like an airplane in a train. Different train hostesses have been deployed in each coach.
- Like an airplane, the train hostess brings food and drink in the trolley.
- Dynamic fare system is implemented in Tejas. Children 5 years of age and above are charged full fare.