Aadhaar card has become a part of our life. Since its launch around a decade ago, we have been using this as our unique identity. But what is an Aadhaar card, its benefits and how its security is maintained.
What is an Aadhaar card?
An Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number printed on a card along with the user’s address details. The ID card also contains the biometric details of the user and that, along with the 12-digit number, makes a unique identity of every resident of the country.
Aadhaar card can be downloaded from the official website of UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) at www.uidai.gov.in and existing users can also apply for desired changes to their card on the portal.
If a user loses his/her Aadhaar card, he/she can also download an e-Aadhaar card from the above-mentioned website.
Security with Aadhaar Password
UIDAI has made downloading of Aadhaar cards password protected, and when you download your e-Aadhaar card from the official website, you will be asked to put in an eight-digit passcode. The e-Aadhaar card will be in a PDF file and to access the file, you will need the eight-digit code.
But to make the process simpler for users and difficult for hackers, the eight-digit password automatically is only known to the user. The first four letters of the password are the first four letters of your name, and the remaining four letters of the password are your birth year.
Downloading Aadhaar Card
One can download the Aadhaar card in a few simple steps.
Step 1: Get to the official page of e-Aadhaar
- Go to the official website of UIDAI https://uidai.gov.in/.
- On the menu bar, tap on ‘My Aadhaar’, and it will show a drop-down menu.
- From the menu select ‘Download Aadhaar’.
- Once clicked on the said option, you will be redirected to a new page.
Step 2: Enter details
- On the new page, the option of ‘Aadhaar Number’ will be auto-selected.
- Enter the 12 digit UID number.
- Type in the captcha, as shown in the image.
Step 3: OTP Verification and download
- Tap on OTP and a 6 digit OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- To complete the OTP verification, enter the OTP.
- After a successful OTP verification, the page will show the ‘Verify And Download’ option. Tap on that to download the Aadhaar file.
Benefits of E- Aadhaar Card
The e-Aadhaar card provides the following benefits.
- If your Aadhaar card gest misplaced or stolen, you can take a print out of the card or get the information online.
- You can easily access your Aadhaar details without having to carry the Aadhaar card.
- In case of any alteration or change in your Aadhaar details, you need not visit the office of UIDAI. You can make the changes online.
- The Aadhar card password keeps the e-Aadhaar pdf file protected.
How can I get my Aadhar card password for free?
Aadhar card password is created using the combination of the letters from the name of the cardholder and year of birth. You can get your password by typing the three initial letters of your name in capital letter and the four numbers of your birth year. No charge is required.
What is the password of the Aadhaar PDF?
The password of the Aadhar PDF file is a combination of the initial three letters of your name and year of birth. The three initial letters go first in capital and are followed with the four numbers of your birth year.
How can I remove the Aadhaar card PDF password?
You can install a PDF pass remover or access one online. On the pass remover, upload the Aadhaar pdf file, and you will be able to remove the password from security tab.
How can I change my aadhar password?
- You can change aadhaar password by following these steps:
- Click on ‘Reset Password’ on the home page of UIDAI.
- Enter all required details.
- Tap on ‘Reset Password’ and enter the new password.
What is an aadhaar password example?
The Aadhar password is set with the three initial letters of the name of the cardholder and the birth year. For instance, suppose the name of an individual is ‘Abcde’ and his or her birth year is ‘1995’, the Aadhar password will be ‘ABC1995’.