Atal Pension Yojana: If a person starts investing in this scheme at the age of 18 years, then he will have to invest Rs 42 per month for a guaranteed monthly pension of one thousand rupees (after attaining the age of 60 years).
If you are currently working in the organized or unorganized sector, then the question naturally comes in your mind that how will your money requirement be met after retirement. Naturally, you would want financial independence even after retirement, but this requires investing in building a retirement corpus from the very beginning. Atal Pension Yojana (APY) was introduced by the government to ensure social security after retirement and especially in the unorganized sector. Any Indian citizen whose age is between 18 years to 40 years can invest in this scheme.
Tax and Investment Adviser Balwant Jain said that this pension scheme is operated by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA). He said that by investing under this scheme, after attaining the age of 60 years, any person can get a guaranteed monthly pension ranging from one thousand rupees to five thousand rupees. Minimum 20 years investment has to be made in this scheme.
How much to invest
If a person starts investing in this scheme at the age of 18, he will get Rs 42 per month for a guaranteed monthly pension of Rs 1,000 (after attaining the age of 60 years) and Rs 210 for a monthly pension of Rs 5 You will have to invest Rs. According to Jain, more than one member of the same family can invest in this scheme. In this way, both husband and wife can invest in this scheme and earn a total guaranteed monthly pension of up to Rs 10,000. The investment amount depends on the age of the subscriber at the time of joining the plan. In such a situation, the sooner you join this scheme, the less premium you will have to pay.
Who can invest in APY Scheme
1. Subscriber age should be between 18-40.
2. He should have a savings bank account or a post office savings bank account.
3. The applicant may have to provide Aadhaar number and mobile number to the bank at the time of APY registration. This will keep him from getting updates related to the account from time to time. However, Aadhaar is not mandatory for registration.
How much pension can one get under APY?
Depending on the contribution of the subscriber, they can get a pension of up to Rs 1,000, or 2000, or 3,000, or 4000 or 5,000 under Atal Pension Yojana.
How to open APY Account?
1. Contact the bank branch where you have your savings bank account.
2. Fill the APY registration form.
3. Aadhaar, mobile number will have to be provided.
4. Keep the required amount in your savings bank account for monthly contribution.