EPFO provides all the services related to the PF account of its employees through the UAN portal. To use any service or facility on this, you only need UAN number and password.
EPFO Update News: UAN i.e. Universal Account Number is required for PF (Provident Fund) account. To operate the PF account, a password has to be created along with the UAN number. With the help of this password, you can check the status of your PF account. You can manage your funds and complete many important actions like nomination etc.
EPFO provides all the services related to the PF account of its employees through the UAN portal. To use any service or facility on this, you only need UAN number and password. You can link all your PF accounts with one UAN number. There is no need to change the UN number on change of job.
Password is important
Since PF account needs to be opened sometimes, so many times it happens that you know your UAN number but forget the password. You can neither login to your PF account nor know the details of passbook if you forget the password. If you have forgotten your PF account password, you can generate it again.
Reset password like this
- Click on the link of EPFO website unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in.
- The login box of UAN member e-SEWA will appear on the right side of the homepage.
- Here you have to leave the boxes of UAN Number, Password and Captcha blank.
- Click on Forgot Password at the bottom of this box.
- In the new page, enter your UAN number in the box of Enter UAN.
- Enter the captcha code below it in the Enter Captcha box.
- For this, click on the submit button.
- Your UAN number will appear on the top of the next page.
- Below this, the first two digits of the mobile number and the last two digits will appear in the PF account.
- To change the password, if OTP is required on this mobile number, then click on Yes.
- A 6 digit OTP number will come on your mobile.
- Enter it in the OTP box at the bottom and click on the Verify button.
- Once the OTP number is verified, an option to create a new password will appear in front of you.
- Two boxes will appear for entering a new password.
- Enter your new password in the previous New Password box.
- Enter the same password again in the Confirm Password box below.
- After that click on submit button.
After doing this, the process of creating a new password for your PF account is completed. On the computer or mobile screen, the message of Password Changed Successfully will also appear. A link to login also appears with the message. You can also check to login with your new password by clicking on it.