EPFO Latest News: EPFO has made e-nomination (EPF/EPS nomination) mandatory for EPF account holders. By doing this, it helps the nominee / family members to withdraw money related to PF, Pension (EPS) and Insurance (EDLI) in case of death of the account holder.
New Delhi: EPFO Latest News: Important news for all salaried classes. Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has made e-nomination mandatory for its subscribers. If you do not do this then you will not be able to check your PF balance. With this, the family of the account holder gets social security. EPFO is continuously tweeting about this, in which it has been told how subscribers can file e-nomination for EPF / EPS.
EPF e-nomination is mandatory
EPFO is also providing the facility of e-nomination to give the information of the nominee. Those who are not enrolled in this, they are being given a chance. After this, information like name of the nominee, date of birth will be updated online. EPFO has told its subscribers that EPF account holder should do e-nomination (EPF / EPS nomination). By doing this, it helps the nominee / family members to withdraw money related to PF, Pension (EPS) and Insurance (EDLI) in case of death of the account holder. With this, the nominee can also claim online.
7 lakhs facility is available
EPFO members also get the facility of insurance cover under the Employee Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI Insurance cover). In the scheme, a maximum insurance cover of Rs 7 lakh is paid to the nominee. If the member dies without any nomination, then there are difficulties in processing the claim. So let’s know how to fill nomination online.
This is how you can do e-nomination in EPF / EPS
- EPF / EPS First EPFO’s official website Nomination Https://wwwkepfindiakgovkin/ visit
- Now click here FOR EMPLOYEES in the Services section and Member UAN / Online Service (OCS / OTCP Click on )
- Now a new page will open on that login with UAN and Password
- Select E-Nomination under Manage Tab. By doing this, the Provide Details tab will appear on the screen, then click on Save.
- Now click on Yes for family declaration, then click on Add family details (Here you can add more than one nominee.
- Here for total amount share click on Nomination Details, then on Save EPF Nomination Click.
- Now click on E-sign to generate OTP here, now enter OTP on registered mobile number linked in Aadhaar.
- By doing this, your e-nomination gets registered with EPFO. After this you do not need to send any hard copy document.