If you drive a vehicle then you must have a driving license. Driving without it is a crime by law. If you are caught driving without a driving license, you may have to pay a fine. Do you know that driving license is valid only for 20 years.
After that you have to renew it again. The RTO says that the DL should be renewed within 30 days from the last date of expiry of the validity of the driving license. However, if for some reason you are not able to renew the DL within this time limit, then you have one year after the expiry of the validity of the DL. If you do not renew the license within one year, then you will have to apply for the license again and it will start with the learning driving license.Let us know what is the process of getting the driving license renewed sitting at home?
First of all, let’s know about some rules related to driving license. According to the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, a personal driving license is valid for 20 years from the date of issue or till the holder attains the age of 40 years (whichever comes earlier). Driving license is issued for 10 years after the age of 40 and for five years thereafter.
How to Renew DL Online
- Firstly, visit the website of the Ministry of Transport and Highways.
- For this you have to open Parivahan.gov.in link.
- Then select your state and click on the option ‘License renewal’ appearing on the screen.
- After this, fill your personal information in the application form, about which you will be asked.
- Now you have to upload birth certificate, address proof etc as your identity proof.
- Apart from this, you will also have to upload your passport size photograph and signature.
- Then you have to pay the DL renewal fee.
- Just the process of renewing your driving license will be completed.
- Now you can download the receipt.