One of the many advantages of Aadhaar card is that unlike every other document, you do not need to carry a copy with you. In case it is lost or torn, you can download the e-Aadhaar instantly by verifying your identity on the UIDAI portal.
Aadhaar Card Update: The 14-digit Aadhaar card number or Unique Identification Number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is very important to take advantage of many government and private schemes and facilities. Apart from the usual details on the identity document like name, date of birth and address, Aadhaar also carries biometric credentials like fingerprint and iris of the individual.
Get e-Aadhaar in 10 Minutes One of
the many benefits of Aadhaar is that unlike every other document, you don’t need to carry a copy with you. In case it is lost or torn, you can download the e-Aadhaar instantly by verifying your identity on the UIDAI portal.
What is e-Aadhaar :-
E-Aadhaar as the name suggests is an electronic copy of your Aadhar card. E-Aadhaar is protected by a password and is as valid as the physical copy of the Aadhar card. Users can log on to the official portal of UIDAI, uidai.gov.in, or eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in, to download a copy of their e-Aadhaar.
Download Aadhar Card like this :-
- First of all log on to the official portal of UIDAI at uidai.gov.in.
- Select the ‘Download Aadhaar’ option in the My Aadhaar section of the homepage.
- Select ‘Aadhaar Number’, ‘Enrollment ID’ and Virtual ID as the method to download e-Aadhaar.
- After that now enter the details of your selection.
- Verify the captcha code before sending the OTP to your registered phone number.
- Enter the OTP to verify the process.
- Your password protected e-Aadhaar will be downloaded on your device.
Note- As per UIDAI the first four letters of your name (in caps) and your year of birth is the password for this e-Aadhaar.