On January 26, the Supreme Court has given this big decision regarding pension, after the death of the employee, along with his adopted child, he will also be entitled to pension. Let’s know the whole news in detail
Government employees get pension after retirement. After the death of the employee, family pension is given to his family members. During the hearing of a case, the Supreme Court said that if the widow of an employee adopts a child after the death of her husband, then that child will not get pension. The court also said that if the child is adopted while the government employee is alive, he will be entitled to family pension. In today’s article, we will know what are the rules regarding family pension.
Rules for getting family pension
Rules for kids
1. Family pension is given to the eldest child.
2. If there are twin children, then both are given equal pension.
3. Unmarried son gets family pension till 25 years of age or till marriage or job.
4. If both husband and wife were government employees and both die, the surviving children will get two family pensions.
Rules for Children with Disabilities
1. If the child of a government employee is disabled and does not have a source of income even for 25 years, then he will get life time family pension.
2. A child will get Life Time Family Pension Divyang only when there is no younger brother or sister.
3. If the age of the child is less than 18 years, then the family pension will be given through the Guardian.
4. Disabled child is entitled to get family pension even after marriage.
These are the rules for the daughter
1. Unmarried, widowed, divorced daughter will get family pension till her marriage or second marriage or until she gets a job. There is no age limit in this.
2. The daughter will get pension after the age of 25 only when all the unmarried children of the deceased turn 25 or start earning.
3. If any child of the deceased is disabled then he will get pension first. The daughter will get pension only when her eligibility for family pension ends.
4. While the employee is alive, the process of divorce of his daughter started in the court and after the death of the employee, if the daughter gets a divorce, then she is entitled to get family pension.
Will you get pension even after getting married for the second time?
If the wife of the deceased does not have any child and does not have the means of earning, then she will continue to get pension even after remarrying. On the other hand, if the wife of the deceased does a compassionate job, then she will not get family pension.
Rules for Adopted Child
The adopted child will also be entitled to family pension. However, after the death of the employee, that child will not get pension. On the other hand, if the adopted child is entitled to do a compassionate job. Apart from this, children born in live-in relationships have the right to pension and compassionate jobs.
What are the rules for parents
After the death of the employee, if he does not have a wife or children and the parents were completely dependent on the deceased, then they will be given family pension. In such a situation, the mother will get pension first and then the father. Parents will get family pension till their death.