- Advertisement -
HomePersonal FinanceRs 2000 Note Last Date: Amazon will no longer accept Rs 2000...

Rs 2000 Note Last Date: Amazon will no longer accept Rs 2000 notes, cash on delivery buyers should be alert

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Banking Note: Although RBI has given instructions regarding Rs 2000 notes, people are still keeping Rs 2000 notes. Due to this, Amazon has made a big announcement that after this day, Rs 2000 notes will not be taken from cash on delivery customers. Know the complete update…

2000 Note: It was announced by RBI to remove Rs 2000 note from circulation. After this, it was said by RBI that people can exchange the Rs 2000 note by going to the bank or deposit it in the bank till 30 September 2023. Now only two weeks are left for this date and in the meantime an important announcement has been made by Amazon.

E-commerce company Amazon will no longer accept Rs 2000 notes on cash on delivery service. E-commerce giant Amazon will stop accepting Rs 2,000 bank notes on cash on delivery services from September 19. This update comes at a time when the deadline to exchange or deposit the Rs 2,000 note is approaching.

The facility to exchange or deposit Rs 2,000 notes will be available to the general public till September 30. However, till September 19, Amazon is accepting Rs 2000 notes. However, if an order is shipped through a third party courier partner then notes can be accepted as a valid payment method for cash on delivery.

Let us tell you that in May, the Reserve Bank of India announced the demonetization of Rs 2,000 bank notes with the deadline for exchanging or depositing the notes till 30 September. After demonetization in 2016, Rs 2,000 notes came into circulation through Prime Minister Narendra Modi. In November 2016, Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 notes were demonetised overnight.

On September 1, RBI shared that 93 percent of the Rs 2000 notes in circulation on May 19 had already been returned to the banks. The central bank said in a statement that the total value of Rs 2000 bank notes withdrawn from circulation till August 31 is Rs 3.32 lakh crore.

If needed, the current deadline of September can be extended, but even after the current deadline, if anyone has Rs 2000 note, it will remain legal tender. Data from various banks shows that of the total Rs 2000 denomination banknotes withdrawn from circulation, about 87 per cent are in the form of deposits, while the remaining 13 per cent have been converted into banknotes of other denominations.

Pravesh Maurya
Pravesh Maurya
Pravesh Maurya, has 5 years of experience in writing Finance Content, Entertainment news, Cricket and more. He has done BA in English. He loves to Play Sports and read books in free time. In case of any complain or feedback, please contact me @ businessleaguein@gmail.com

Most Popular

Recent Comments