PM Jan Dhan Account: Even if you do not have money in your account, even if you open a Jan Dhan account, then you can withdraw up to Rs 10,000 from your account through overdraft. Know in detail..
New Delhi: If you have not opened PM Jan Dhan account, then get it opened immediately. Under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, the number of bank accounts on zero balance is now increasing. Account holders get many facilities in the accounts opened under this. Even if you do not have balance in your bank account, you can withdraw up to Rs 10,000 from this account. Apart from this, the facility of Rupay Debit Card is provided, through which you can withdraw money from the account and can also make purchases.
Scheme started in 2014
It is worth noting that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced the launch of Jan Dhan Yojana in his Independence Day address in 2014. This scheme was started on August 28 this year. Under this scheme, by January 6, 2021, the total number of Jan Dhan accounts increased to 41.6 crore. The government launched the second version of this scheme in 2018 with more features and benefits.
Many facilities available
- Under the Jan Dhan Yojana, the account of a child below the age of 10 years can also be opened.
- On opening an account under this scheme, you get Rupay ATM card, accident insurance cover of Rs 2 lakh, life cover of Rs 30 thousand and interest on the deposit amount.
- You also get the facility of overdraft of 10 thousand on this.
- This account can be opened in any bank.
- In this you do not have to maintain minimum balance
Documents required to open Jan Dhan account
- To open a Jan Dhan account, you can submit documents that fulfill the requirement of
- Know Your Customer (KYC) including Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License.
- If you do not have these documents, then you can open a small account.
- In this, you have to fill the self-attested photograph and your signature in front of the bank officer.
- You do not have to pay any kind of fee or charge to open a Jan Dhan account.
- Any person of the age of 10 years or more can open this account.