Cyber thugs send SMS by mentioning the last date to close your SIM due to non-completion of KYC of SIM. First of all, everyone ignores such messages. But the day is the last date of KYC according to cyber thugs. On the same day you get a call in the name of customer care and asked to complete KYC online.
New Delhi. The rate at which unemployment is increasing in the country, the cases of cyber fraud are also increasing at the same speed. The vicious are inventing new ways every day to cheat you. Till now you must have heard stories of cheating through KYC by becoming your relative through UPI, becoming an employee of a bank. But now the vicious have invented a new way. That is cheating by completing KYC of Mobile Sim. In which they call only those people for KYC. Those who have ported their number in the past. With this, they have all the information like how many days ago you have ported the number and which company your number was earlier and now which company you are availing.
Let’s know how to get rid of these cyber thugs.
Some lay traps like this – Cyber thugs leave no stone unturned to mislead you. For example, SMS starts coming to you a few days before the recharge pack of mobile SIM is over. Similarly, cyber thugs send SMS by mentioning the last date to close your SIM due to non-completion of KYC of SIM. First of all, everyone ignores such messages. But the day is the last date of KYC according to cyber thugs. On the same day you get a call in the name of customer care and asked to complete KYC online. If you do not do this, it is said to turn off your SIM. As soon as you agree to complete online KYC, cyber thugs try to defraud you in 2nd step.
Step One of Thug – Cyber thugs first ask you to install KYC qs from Google Play Store. As soon as you install it, many options come in it. Whom the cyber thug talking to you on the phone asks to allow. As soon as you allow all the options, the screen of your mobile is shared with the cyber thugs. Now the question must be arising in your mind that how does this happen. So sir we tell you KYC qs is a team viewer quicksupport app. Which is used by the company to solve the problem related to IT in Work for Home. In which an ID is generated and as soon as it is shared, your laptop, mobile screen is shared on the other’s laptop. Due to which whatever activity you do on your screen is clearly visible to the front.
Step Two of Fraud – After completion of all this, the fake customer care officer (cyber thug) tells you that 60 percent of your KYC has been completed. To complete the remaining 40 percent, you will have to do a transaction of Rs 10 on your old SIM provider’s ewallet with credit card or debit card. As soon as you download your old SIM provider’s Ewallet app and feed your Credit or Debit card number, CVV number and PIN for the transaction. Similarly, cyber thugs get all the information through Team viewer quicksupport and clean your entire account. In such a situation, if you want to avoid cyber thugs, then there is always a need to be alert. Because cyber thugs can adopt any other trick similar to this with you.