If you are employed and have an account in Employees Provident Fund Organization ie EPFO, then this news is of your use. Actually, to secure the future, people invest in different places so that their old age can be cut comfortably.
But if you do not want to invest separately, then EPF can come in handy. Employees’ Provident Fund Organization gives an opportunity to its account holders, through which if they invest some part of their salary in EPF, then you can get a substantial amount at the time of retirement.
According to the experts, if your basic salary is 20 thousand and from the age of 25, 24% (12% Employee + 12% Employer) EPF is deducted, then accordingly an investment of Rs 4800 will be made every month. If you keep investing continuously for 25 years, then you can get a corpus of 2.79 crores on retirement. Let us understand about it in simple words…
This is how retirement fund will be prepared
- You are given an interest rate of 8.5% while investing in EPF. If we assume salary hike of 7% then investment started at the age of 25 will make you a millionaire till old age. Let us understand in the steps how much benefit will be given at what age to start…
- If the age to start investing is 25 years and the basic salary is 20 thousand, then you can get Rs 2.79 crore at the time of retirement.
- If the salary is Rs 28,051 at the age of 30, then 2.30 will be available at the time of retirement.
- At the age of 35, the salary is Rs 39,343, so at the time of retirement you will get Rs 1.85 crore.
- If you start investing from the age of 40, then you will get Rs 1.42 on the basic salary of Rs 55,181.
- At the age of 45, the basic salary is Rs 77,394, so you will get Rs 1.03 crore.
- At the age of 50, the basic salary is Rs 1,08,549, so you will get 66.44 lakhs at the time of retirement.
keep these things in mind
- Do not withdraw money from EPF unless there is some very important work or emergency, as withdrawing money will keep reducing your old age savings. For example, if you withdraw Rs 1 lakh from the PF account at the age of 30, then at the age of 60, Rs 11.55 lakh will be reduced from the retirement fund.
- Apart from this, get your old account transferred only after changing jobs. The older the PF account, the more benefits you will get.
- In case of non-transfer, interest will accrue on the new account, but the interest on the old account will stop after 3 years. You can easily transfer EPF account through UAN.
We have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media platform is credible, verified and sourced from other Big media Houses. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org