Pensioners can submit their life certificate on the Jeevan Pramaan portal from the comfort of their homes. However, for this you will have to verify your identity on the portal. If the certificate is not submitted, the pension can be stopped.
New Delhi. All retired central employees have to submit the Jeevan Pramaan Patra every year to the Pension Distributing Authority to continue their pension. It is submitted in November. Life certificate can be submitted anytime in the whole month. If a pensioner fails to do so, his pension may be stopped. Although usually pensioners deposit it in banks but it can also be deposited in digital form.
Pensioners can submit their life certificate on the Jeevan Pramaan portal from the comfort of their homes. However, for this you will have to verify your identity on the portal. UIDAI has given a list of biometric devices to ensure the identity of pensioners. Which you can see on the UIDAI website. Aadhar linking of pension account is mandatory for submission of Digital Life Certificate.
Where to get Digital Life Certificate
You can get Digital Life Certificate from Bank, Government Office, Post Office or Jeevan Pramaan App. Jeevan Pramaan App can be downloaded from https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/. To generate life certificate from here, it is necessary to have a biometric fingerprint or iris scanning device.
How to generate life certificate
- In the Jeevan Pramaan app, enter the pensioner’s information such as Aadhar details and mobile number.
- After this an OTP will come on the given mobile number.
- After OTP authentication, you can generate DLC from the app.
- Enter the pensioner’s Aadhaar details, pension payment order, bank account details and phone number in the app.
- After that complete the biometric authentication.
- After completion of authentication, a message will be received on the registered mobile
- number with Jeevan Pramaan Certificate ID.
- Now Pension Distributing Agency can access your DLC anytime from Jeevan Pramaan website.
- It is worth noting that while using the Jeevan Pramaan Face App, a biometric device will not be required.