Fixed Deposits: SBI allows its savings account holder customers to open a fixed deposit account. Apart from this, the bank also gives you the facility of opening a fixed deposit account online.
New Delhi: State Bank of India (SBI) allows its savings account holder customers to open fixed deposit accounts. In the era of corona virus, people usually avoid going to crowded places like banks. For this, State Bank of India also gives you the facility of opening a fixed deposit account online, through which you can open an online account sitting at home or anywhere. Apart from this, you can pay your term deposit through net banking and for this you do not need to go to the bank. Once you open an online account, you can renew or close your deposit online. Also Read: Good news for SBI farmer customers! Now you can see your Kisan Credit Card Account online on YONO
While opening the account, you will get all the options like maturity date, principal amount, pay out frequency, which you can choose according to your need. It is important to read the terms once before opening your account. By taking advantage of this online facility, you can start your account sitting at home without much hassle. Also Read: Indian Currency: Do you have 786 series note in your pocket, will make lakhpati in a moment, know how?
So let’s know how you can open FD account online.
How to open your fixed deposit account online
- Login to the SBI website by entering your personal credentials.
- Go to the home page and click on ‘Deposit Scheme’, then click on ‘Term Deposit’ option.
- After this you have to click on ‘e-fixed deposit’ at the top of the menu.
- Select your required FD and click on proceed option.
- If you have multiple accounts, select the account from which you want to make the payment.
- Select the principal value of the FD and click on the ‘Amount’ column and click on the ‘Senior Citizen’ column if you are above 60 years of age.
- After that select the maturity date and internet pay out frequency.
- After this, after reading the terms and conditions, click on the submit option and your FD account will be opened.