Many times due to lack of information, people withdraw money from their old PF and open a new PF account in a new company. In this way their two UAN numbers are generated and due to this, there may be problems in the fund process in future.
People doing private jobs often keep changing the organization from time to time for their growth. It is necessary for all the employed people. Once the PF account is opened, the account and its UAN number i.e. Universal Account Number are the same till retirement. On changing jobs, money is also transferred from your new company to the same account.
But many times due to lack of information, people withdraw money from their old PF and open a new PF account in a new company. In this way their two UAN numbers are generated. If you have also made such a mistake, then rectify it immediately, otherwise there may be a problem in your fund process. To avoid this problem, you have to transfer the funds of the old PF account to the new PF account and deactivate the old UAN. Learn here how to deactivate the old UAN number.
How to deactivate old UAN number
- For deactivation, you have to first go to the official website of EPFO, epfindia.gov.in .
- Now login by entering your existing UAN number and password. After this click on One Member – One EPF Account.
- Now you have to go to ‘Online Services’ section and here go to ‘Request for transfer of account’.
- Apply here to transfer funds from your old PF account to the new UAN linked PF account.
- After this, multiple UANs are detected by EPFO after verifying your details.
- After the verification is complete, the EPFO deactivates all your old UANs and links the
- PF accounts linked to those UANs with the existing UAN.
- After this, the PF account holder gets information through SMS and the account holder can be asked whether to keep the new UAN active or not.
- After this, the funds present in all your old PF accounts get transferred to the account linked to your new UAN.