If you are also not able to access UPI apps due to slow internet or lack of internet and want to make payment through UPI, then we are telling you the detailed method.
Nowadays it has become quite common to use UPI (Unified Payments Interface) payment mode for online transactions. The reason is that in this way money transactions have become very easy. However, many times the UPI user has to face problem in making UPI payment due to slow internet, which causes problems in the process. But now you don’t need to worry about it.
Did you know that you don’t always need an internet connection to make UPI payments? Actually offline mode has also been used to make payment through UPI. UPI users can make payment in offline mode through their phone using *99# USSD code. However, one thing should be noted that in order to make UPI payments through mobile through *99#, the mobile number of the users should be linked to their bank account.
How to send UPI payment offline
If you are also not able to access UPI apps due to slow internet or lack of internet and want to make payment through UPI, then we are telling you the detailed method. Follow the step-by-step guidelines given below to make UPI payment in offline mode…
- Open your phone’s dialer and call *99#.
- Then a message will come asking to choose the language, if you want English then press 1 for your preferred language.
- Then a menu will appear with many options. Since we only need to send money, press 1 and send.
- Now, select the option through which you want to pay money using UPI to the receiver. If you want to do it using mobile number, then select option 1.
- After that enter the mobile number with which the receiver’s bank account is linked
Now enter the amount you want to send and click on SEND and write a comment about the payment.
- For the last step, enter your UPI PIN.
- After this your transaction will be completed that too without internet connection.
You can also disable your UPI using *99# option.