Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has asked its insured to update their Permanent Account Number (PAN) to participate in its proposed Initial Public Offer (IPO). As per the proposed plan, up to 10 per cent of LIC’s IPO will be reserved for policyholders.
In such a situation, the big question is how the insured should update the PAN and if the PAN is updated then how to check the status. Let us tell you the complete process to update PAN and check status.
Update your PAN number in LIC’s database like this
1) Visit the official website of LIC https://licindia.in/
2) Select the option of
Online PAN Registration 3) Click on Online PAN Registration page
4) Click on proceed button on the same page
5) Enter your email address, PAN, mobile number and LIC policy number
6) Enter the captcha code in the box
7) Request for ITP on your registered mobile number
8) Once you get the OTP, fill it and submit it.
8) After submitting the form, the message of successful registration will come
How to check pan status
1) Go to https://linkpan.licindia.in/UIDSeedingWebApp/getPolicyPANStatus
2) Fill the policy number, date of birth and PAN number, also enter the captcha
Then press the submit button
3) After the process is completed, the status will be shown in front of you on the screen whether your PAN is updated with LI or not
Draft with SEBI in December
According to media reports, LIC can submit the draft of its IPO to SEBI by the first week of December. After this, it takes about one to one-and-a-half months for SEBI approval. According to market sources, a group of bankers of LIC is also going to hold talks with anchor investors.