Indian Railways: If you have to cancel your train ticket due to any emergency, and the train chart has been prepared, you can still apply for the refund. Railway itself has its information (Indian Railways Info). Let’s know step-by-process.
New Delhi: Indian Railways: There is important news for railway passengers. In today’s era, crores of people travel by train daily in India, so it becomes necessary to be aware of the updates related to the railways. Many times you have to cancel the train ticket even after the preparation of the train chart due to some emergency. But even in such a situation, you will get the refund of ticket cancellation (Indian Railways refund rule). Giving this information, Indian Railways said that even if for some reason you cancel the train ticket after the chart is prepared, you can still claim the refund.
IRCTC gave big information
IRCTC shared a video on its Twitter handle and said that Indian Railways gives refund on cancellation of tickets without traveling or partially traveled. For this, you have to submit the Ticket Deposit Receipt (TDR) as per the rules of the Railways.
— IRCTC (@IRCTCofficial) February 25, 2022
How to file TDR online
- For this, you first go to the official website of IRCTC www.irctc.co.in .
- Now going to the home page and click on My Account
- Now going to the drop down menu, click on My transaction.
- Here you can TDR the file by selecting one of the options in the File TDR option.
- Now you will see the information of the person in whose name the ticket is booked.
- Now here you fill your PNR number, train number and captcha and tick the box of cancellation rules.
- Now you click on the submit button.
- After this you will get an OTP on the number given in the form at the time of booking.
- After entering the OTP here, click on submit.
- Verify the PNR details and click on Cancel ticket option.
- Here you will see the refund amount on the page.
- On the number given on the booking form, you will get a confirmation message containing the details of PNR and refund.