The Income Tax Department had extended the date of for Assessment Year 202-0-21 (FY 2019-20) to 10 January due to Corona crisis. According to the Income Tax Department, till January 6, around 5.61 crore people have filed ITR.
The Income Tax Department had extended the date of filing of income tax returns for Assessment Year 202-0-21 (FY 2019-20) to 10 January due to Corona crisis. But now even three days are left in it. To avoid last-minute hurry, you should also file your ITR at the earliest. We tell you how to file income tax returns yourself easily.
According to the Income Tax Department, till January 6, around 5.61 crore people have filed ITR. Itr is very easy to fill. This work is hardly 15 minutes. Here we tell you how online ITR can be filled for the employed people.
Do this preparation first
First of all, to file ITR, keep your PAN, Aadhaar, bank account number, investment details and its proof / certificate, Form 16, Form 26AS etc. All these details will be useful for the details you fill.
Now find out which form you have to fill. For example, ITR 1 ‘Sahaj’ form is for citizens whose total income is up to Rs 50 lakh. They have to earn up to a total of Rs 50 lakh annually through salary, rent from a house property, interest on savings account etc.
Fill online ITR like this
The online ITR can be filled in two ways. The first way is by downloading the ITR form, filling the form offline and uploading the XML file. The second way is to submit all the data directly on the online e-filing portal.
Here we are telling you the way of online e-filing, which is easier. In this way you can fill ITR step by step:
1. First go to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
2. If you are filing returns for the first time, then register yourself here. For this, you will need to fill your PAN and other details. If you have filed returns in previous years, then you will be registered already. You will get a user ID, password from the department.
3 .. Log in by entering the user ID (PAN), password, date of birth and captcha code.
3. Go to the ‘e-File’ tab and click on the Income Tax Return link.
4. First of all, choose which ITR form to fill. Then select which assessment year it is. Now for the ITR you are going to fill, the assessment year is 2020-21.
5. After this, select ITR form number, filing type and submission mode.
5. If the original returns are being filed, then click on the ‘Original’ tab. If filling the revised returns, click on ‘Revised Return’.
7. After this, select Prepare and Submit Online then click Continue.
8. After this, fill all the information given in the new page and keep saving, because all the information filled will disappear if the session time is out.
9. In this, you have to fill all the information about investment, health and life insurance policy etc.
10. After filling all the information, at the end the Verification page will come, which you can verify at the same time, otherwise you can verify within 120 days.
11. Then click on Preview and submit and submit to ITR
Do not forget to do ITR verification
The most important thing is that the taxpayer who files an electronic signature without electronic signature i.e. e-verification income tax return (ITR) has to verify it within 120 days of ITR uploading. There are 4 ways to do this –
1. Through Aadhaar OTP
2. Logging into e-filing account through Net Banking
3. Through Electronic Verification Code (EVC)
4. Sending the signed copy of ITR-V on both sides to Bangalore
Remember, if you do not file the ITR-V within 120 days, the return can be declared ‘not filled’ i.e. invalid. After filling the ITR and taking a printout of its soft copy. Signing on it is to be sent by ordinary post or speed post to the address of Centralized Processing Center, Income Tax Department, Bengaluru, 560500. However, it is better that you use Aadhaar OTP for verification. If you choose the option of Aadhaar OTP, then after selecting it, click on Continue.