The Central Government had started the Kisan Credit Card scheme some time ago to help the farmers of the country to do farming. By taking advantage of this scheme, farmers can take a loan of up to Rs 3 lakh at very low interest for farming.
New Delhi: In order to financially strengthen the farmers of the country, the Central Government had started the PM Kisan Yojana in the year 2018. Under this scheme, Kisan Credit Card was launched to provide financial funds to farmers for farming.
Last year itself, the Finance Minister of the Central Government Nirmala Sitharaman had announced that about 2.5 crore farmers of the country would be provided Kisan Credit Cards. An amount of up to Rs 2 crore will be made available to farmers across the country through Kisan Credit Card.
How much is the interest on Kisan Credit Card
- The central government provides money on interest under the Kisan Credit Card to the farmers of the country to buy the necessary things for farming like fertilizers, seeds, pesticides etc.
- Only farmers registered under PM Kisan Yojana can take advantage of this credit card. Under Kisan Credit Card, loans are made available to farmers at very low interest ranging from 9 to 11.50 percent.
- If the farmers return this amount on time, then they are also given a rebate of 2 to 3 percent in interest.
- Under Kisan Credit Card, loans up to Rs 1.60 lakh are made available to farmers without any security.
How to apply for Kisan Credit Card
- To get the Kisan Credit Card, the farmer must have any one of the PAN Card, Voter ID Card, Driving License or Passport as an identity proof.
- The most important condition for getting Kisan Credit Card is that the farmer should be a beneficiary of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
Farmers can take Kisan Credit Card from these banks
Kisan Credit Cards are issued to farmers in many banks of the country. Farmers can apply for Kisan Credit Card by visiting Co-operative Bank, Regional Rural Bank, National Payments Corporation of India, State Bank of India, Bank of India, Industrial Development Bank of India.