Are you also a member of Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO)? If yes, and you have not activated UAN yet, then there is no need to worry. Now any EPFO member can generate UAN number sitting at home. For this only you need to follow 7 steps. But before that, what are the benefits of UAN number.
- Benefits of UAN Number
1- Through UAN, you will be able to keep track of all the activities of your PF account.
2- If you have more than one PF account, you can see the details of all your accounts at one place using UAN.
3- Online PF passbook can be seen only through UAN.
4- Through UAN, investors can withdraw money online.
5- Through UAN, you can transfer the amount of one of your accounts to another
You can generate your UAN number like this sitting at home.
- First you go to the official website of EPFO www.epfindia.gov.in.
- After this select ‘Our Services’ and click on ‘For Employees’.
- Click on the user ‘Member UAN/ Online Services’.
- Then click on ‘Activate Your UAN’ (It will be present on the bottom right side of the Important Links).
- Now enter your personal details like UAN, Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Captcha and then click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’.
- OTP will come on your registered mobile number. You have to click on ‘I Agree’ and press enter the OTP.
- Finally click on ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’.
You will also get the details related to PF account on the UMANG app of the Government of India. An employee can also activate his Universal Account Number (UAN) using this app.