- Advertisement -
HomePersonal FinanceDuplicate Property Documents: Lost the original property papers? Just do these 3...

Duplicate Property Documents: Lost the original property papers? Just do these 3 things, new documents will be in hand

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

How to Get Duplicate Property Documents: Many times we forget to keep the property documents somewhere in the houses and they get lost due to some unforeseen incident. If you have also been a victim of such an incident, then there is no need to panic. You can get duplicate property paper issued. For this some easy steps have to be taken.

New Delhi. Many times we forget things by keeping them here and there or they get lost while traveling with us. This is rarely seen with important documents like property papers etc. But sometimes due to carelessness even the necessary documents go missing. What should someone do if they lose their property papers like this?

Losing the property papers means that you have no recourse to claim the property. Of course, the property will be registered in the sub-registrar’s office in your name or in the name of someone in your house, but it is not possible to get it in case of sudden need. That’s why it would be better that the process of making duplicate documents should be started in case the paper is lost. This is not a very complicated process. There are total 3 steps through which you can get duplicate property papers. It is worth noting that apart from losing the paper, you can take duplicate papers even if it is stolen or burnt. Let us know what is its process.

First register an FIR

First of all, you should register an FIR in the police station of the area from where the documents are lost or stolen. If the local police refuses to register an FIR, you can also file an online FIR. After this the police will try to find the documents. If she fails in this, she will give you a non traceable certificate.


After searching the property documents by the police, if the paper is not found then your next step would be to give an advertisement in the newspaper. In this advertisement, you will inform about the loss of the property along with its complete details. After this wait a few days. Generally it is advised to wait for 15 days. It is possible that the person who has received the paper may return it.

Last step

Now you have to apply for duplicate document in the sub-registrar office. This application will be given in the same sub-registrar’s office where the property is originally registered. Along with this application, you will have to attach a copy of the FIR and non-traceable certificate and a copy of the advertisement given in the newspaper. Here the application will be accepted by taking some fee from you. After 15-20 days, duplicate papers of the property will be issued.

Pravesh Maurya
Pravesh Maurya
Pravesh Maurya, has 5 years of experience in writing Finance Content, Entertainment news, Cricket and more. He has done BA in English. He loves to Play Sports and read books in free time. In case of any complain or feedback, please contact me @ businessleaguein@gmail.com

Most Popular

Recent Comments