If you have not yet linked your driving license with Aadhaar (link Aadhaar with DL), then get it done soon. Only you will benefit from this.
If you have a driving license then obviously you drive. Driving License (DL) is one of the most special documents. It is convenient to have it linked to Aadhaar. If you have not yet linked your driving license with Aadhaar (link Aadhaar with DL), then get it done soon. Only you will benefit from this. According to Groww, if you want, you can link it online sitting at home or if not, you can also link it offline. Let us understand both the methods here.
How to do it online
- Open your browser and visit the relevant road transport portal of the state from where your driving license was issued. Search for ‘Link Aadhaar’ option and click on it.
- A dropdown menu will appear. Click on ‘Driving License’ from the list.
- Now enter your driving license number here and click on ‘Get Details’.
- On the next screen, your driving license details will appear. A box will also appear below in which you will have to fill your Aadhar card number and your mobile number.
- Once you have filled both of these, click on ‘Submit’. You will receive a one-time password (OTP) on the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the field provided on the screen to complete the verification. Once this is completed, the online process of linking driving license with Aadhaar (link Aadhaar with DL) will be completed.
How to link offline
- The first thing to do is to visit the Regional Transport Office (RTO) that has issued your driving license.
- After reaching here, contact an employee and get the Aadhaar linking form.
- Now fill the form and make sure that the details you have filled are correct and check it twice. Note that you have to enter your DL number and Aadhaar number in this form, so be careful while writing it.
- After this, submit this completely filled form to the authorized or concerned employee and attach a self-attested copy of your Aadhar Card and Driving License with it.
- Proper evaluation and verification will be done by the RTO. Upon successful verification, you will receive an SMS on the registered mobile number confirming that your DL has been linked to your Aadhaar card.