- Advertisement -
HomePersonal FinanceCash Transaction Rule Update: Income tax notice will come on these 5...

Cash Transaction Rule Update: Income tax notice will come on these 5 cash transactions, new rules apply

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Cash Transaction Rule Update: The Income Tax Department has become very cautious about cash transactions these days.

In the last few years, the Income Tax Department and various investment platforms like banks, mutual fund houses, broker platforms, etc. have tightened the cash transaction rules for the general public. Let us know the complete details about it.

Now these investment and lending institutions allow cash transactions only up to a certain limit. The Income Tax Department can send a notice if there is even a slight violation.

There are many such transactions, which are monitored by income tax. If you do large cash transactions with banks, mutual funds, brokerage houses and property registrars, they will have to inform the Income Tax Department. Let us know about 5 such transactions, which can land you in trouble.

Bank Fixed Deposit (FD)

Cash deposit in bank FD should not exceed Rs 10 lakh. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has announced that banks will have to disclose whether individual deposits in one or more fixed deposits exceed the prescribed limit.

Bank savings account deposit

The limit for cash deposit in a bank account is ₹10 lakh. If a savings account holder deposits more than ₹10 lakh during a financial year, the Income Tax Department can send an Income Tax notice. Meanwhile, cash deposits and withdrawals in a bank account that cross the limit of ₹10 lakh in a financial year must be disclosed to the tax authorities. In current accounts, the cap is ₹50 lakh.

Credit card bill payment

As per CBDT rules, payments of Rs 1 lakh or more in cash in lieu of credit card bills should be reported to the Income Tax Department. Additionally, if ₹10 lakh or more is paid in a financial year to settle credit card bills, the payment should be disclosed to the tax department.

Sale or purchase of real estate

The property registrar will have to disclose to the tax authorities any investment or sale of immovable property for an amount of ₹30 lakh or more. Therefore, in the purchase or sale of any real estate property, taxpayers are advised to report their cash transactions in Form 26AS as the Registrar of Property will definitely report about the same.

Investment in Shares, Mutual Funds, Debentures and Bonds

Investors investing in mutual funds, stocks, bonds or debentures should ensure that their cash transactions in these investments do not exceed ₹10 lakh in a financial year.

The Income Tax Department has prepared the Annual Information Return (AIR) statement of financial transactions to trace high-value cash transactions of taxpayers. The tax authorities would collect details of abnormally high value transactions in a particular financial year on this basis.

Pravesh Maurya
Pravesh Maurya
Pravesh Maurya, has 5 years of experience in writing Finance Content, Entertainment news, Cricket and more. He has done BA in English. He loves to Play Sports and read books in free time. In case of any complain or feedback, please contact me @ businessleaguein@gmail.com

Most Popular

Recent Comments