New Delhi. Pensioners will no longer need to go to the bank or pension agency for submission of life certificate. Now they will be able to do this work from the mobile app sitting at home. The government has already extended the last date for submission of life certificate to 28 February 2022.
To continue the pension, every pensioner has to submit his Jeevan Pramaan Patra, also known as Life Certificate, to the bank or pension agency. But now with the introduction of Face Recognition Technology, they will be able to do this work online as well.
They will benefit
Union Minister of State Dr. Jitendra Singh while launching this technology said that 68 lakh pensioners of the Central Government will benefit from the Face Recognition Technology of giving life certificates, as well as the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) and the State Government. Pensioners will also benefit.
This facility is especially useful for those elderly pensioners who cannot submit their fingerprints as Biometric ID due to various reasons. Now they will be able to submit Digital Life Certificate through Face Recognition Service based on UIDAI Aadhar software.
Submit life certificate like this from app
- First of all go to Google Store and Download Aadhar Face ID App. Here is the link – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.gov.uidai.facerd
Or go to https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/ to download the face application.
- After installing, get the appropriate authorization done.
- Complete the operator authentication process and scan the operator’s face. Here the pensioner himself can be the operator, as this is a one-time process and will not have to be done again and again.
- The device is now ready for Digital Life Certificate (DLC) and Pensioner Authentication.
- Pensioners Now Fill Your Details.
- Scan the Live Photo of the pensioner.
Requirements for Fed ID
To use Face ID, the pensioner needs to have an Android smartphone, an internet connection, an Aadhaar number registered with the Pension Disbursing Authority and a camera resolution of 5 megapixels or more.