Big news! 35 Pakistan-based YouTube channels blocked for spreading anti-India fake news, know details

0
430
Big news! 35 Pakistan-based YouTube channels blocked for spreading anti-India fake news, know details
Big news! 35 Pakistan-based YouTube channels blocked for spreading anti-India fake news, know details

According to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, ‘The accounts that have been blocked had content related to the Indian Armed Forces, Kashmir, India’s relations with other countries and the death of former Chief of Defense Staff General Bipin Rawat.’


New Delhi : The Information and Broadcasting Ministry on Thursday blocked 35 YouTube channels, two Twitter accounts, two Instagram accounts, two websites and one Facebook account for spreading misinformation. Vikram Sahai, Joint Secretary, Information and Publicity Department gave this information on Friday. He said, ‘It is common in all these accounts that they are operating from Pakistan and spreading fake news and other content against India.

The Ministry has also issued orders to the concerned social media intermediaries and Internet service providers through the Department of Telecommunications to block the accounts. According to the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, ‘The accounts that have been blocked had content related to the Indian Armed Forces, Kashmir, India’s relations with other countries and the death of former Chief of Defense Staff General Bipin Rawat.


, According to Vikram Sahai, ‘Blocked social media accounts had 130 crore buyers with 12 million subscribers. All the accounts blocked by the ministry were operating from Pakistan.

In December last year also, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, in a coordinated effort with intelligence agencies, ordered the blocking of 20 YouTube channels and two websites as they were spreading anti-India propaganda and fake news. “These 20 YouTube channels and websites belong to a coordinated propaganda network operating out of Pakistan and were spreading fake news about various sensitive topics related to India.”

Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur had warned on Wednesday itself that the government would continue to crack down on those “conspirators” against the country. Responding to questions on the issue, Thakur told reporters here, “I had ordered action against him… I am happy that many big countries across the world have taken cognizance of it. YouTube also came forward and took action to block them.