You can make your Aadhaar Masked, i.e. the first 8 digits of the base number “xxxx-xxxx” will not be visible, only the last 4 digits will be visible. Users will be allowed to mask the Aadhaar card in e-Aadhaar.
New Delhi : There is a latest update related to Aadhaar, through which it will now be easy to prevent misuse of Aadhaar card. Actually, now you can mask your Aadhaar, that is, the first 8 digits of the base number “xxxx-xxxx” will not be visible, only the last 4 digits will be visible. Users will be allowed to mask Aadhaar card in e-Aadhaar.
Let us know what is the complete process
you will need a registered mobile to download Masked Aadhaar online. You can easily download it from the official website of UIDAI.
1. First of all you have to go to the website of UIDAI.
2. Then click on ‘Download Aadhaar’ option.
3. Now select the option of AADHAAR/VID/Enrollment ID and tick the Masked AADHAAR option.
4. After that fill the required details in the section and click on ‘Request OTP’.
5. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
6. After entering the OTP, enter other details and click on ‘Download Aadhaar’.
7. Now you can download Masked Aadhaar.
Note- However, one thing to note is that Masked Aadhaar can be used for identification. But it cannot be used to avail any benefits given under government welfare schemes.