Bank Bazaar.com CEO Adil Shetty explains that with the start of the festive season sale, business and credit card providers offer their customers attractive offers and big discounts on the purchase of new cars or other goods.
Many e-commerce companies offer 10% instant rebate on credit card purchases and many other offers. In such a situation, before purchasing, make sure to check that which website is offering how much discount on your card. Whether there is a ‘no cost emi’ feature on your card.
Check Offers on the Card, Save Savings
During the festive season, e-commerce companies offer customers offers, additional discounts and reward points on credit cards of various banks. You can save a considerable amount by using it better.
Suppose, you have to exchange the old TV and buy a 55-inch smart TV, which costs Rs 43,000 on normal days. You can get a rebate of up to Rs 4,000 in the festive season. Cashback of up to Rs 1,500 can also be available on credit card purchases.
Apart from this, the company selling smart TVs is offering Rs 2,000 on the exchange. In this way, you can buy a smart TV worth Rs 43,000 for just Rs 35,500.
Use Reward Points and Promotional Deals
Cashback, discount, air mills, freebies, redemption points, gift vouchers, such as reward points are available on purchases with credit cards. As you shop, the reward point increases. Many banks offer a cashback of 0.5% to 5% on credit card purchases. However, this facility is available at the limit fixed by the bank. During the festive season, use these reward points and promotional deals on credit card purchases.
Choose the No Cost EMI option
Banks also offer the option of ‘No Cost EMI’ on big purchases during the festive season. This can be a better option for customers to avoid large financial burden.
Through this, you can pay in installments on big purchases. However, while choosing the option of ‘No Cost EMI’, keep in mind that installments should be made for the same amount as you can repay. You may have to pay a heavy fine for an installment payment default.
Keep these things in mind when shopping online
- Priority to the official website: Apart from the e-commerce website, search for the product on the official website or app of its manufacturer. Buy only when available there.
- Beware of fake sites: On such websites many times people are lured by showing huge discounts on the product. On ordering here, money is deducted, but the goods do not reach or the wrong goods arrive.
- Product Review: See the full review of the product before purchasing in the festival sale. See also Warranty and Guarantee.
- Do not save detail: Do not save your ATM or credit card information while making a payment during shopping.
- Cash on delivery is the safest: If a product is available during the order, select it only. There is less risk of online fraud.