If you do a job, then you must be a member of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). You and your employer must have contributed to the PF fund every month but if you change jobs, your PF account number changes.
In this situation, you will have to transfer the money from the old EPF account to the EPF account of the new company. However, the UAN number will remain the same. You are telling you that if you have changed jobs then how can you transfer your PF account to the new account.
PF money can be transferred through these process
- Log on to the EPFO website using your UAN number and password
- Now on the page go to Online Services and select One Member One EPF Account Request
- Here again enter UAN number or enter your old EPF member ID. This will show your account details
- Select your old or new company to verify the transfer here
- Now select the old account and generate OTP
- On entering the OTP, the money transfer option will start
- You can also check the status online in Track Claim Status Menu
- Documents to be submitted in the new company
Submit the self attested copy of your online PF transfer application in PDF file to the selected company or institution within 10 days of submission of online application. After that the company will approve it. Once approved, the PF is transferred to the new PF account with the existing company. A Tracking ID is also generated during the PF transfer process. It can be used to track the application.